Learn how to get correspondence from Boy Scout Troop.
Remind Communication Application
Our Troop has made the decision to change the way that we correspond with our Scouts, Leaders, and Parents. During the last several months it has become apparent that our current methods are not reaching the Scouts. Based on questions and responses from the Scouts we believe that moving to a text based system called Remind will better serve our Troop for the future. Remind is a service that was developed for Schools and is utilized by many of the schoools in our area.
This new service will allow us to send announcements, have group conversations, send individual messages (visible to leaders), and create activities (Allow response of yes, no, and maybe for activity attendance). We will maintain multiple classes (groups) to allow us to text to specific groups within our Troop. We have currently set up four different classes to get started:
- BSA – Troop 7 (all General announcements, all individuals should subscribe)
- Leader (All leader specific correspondence)
- Northern Tier 2017 (All Scouts, Leaders and parents of those attending)
- PLC (current PLC members and Parents)
Method 1 (simplest):
- Open text messaging on device
- Text one of the message below to 81010:
- You will be asked to enter your full name (will only ask for first class joined).
- You will be asked what role you have with the Class (group):
- P – Parent
- S-Student (All Scouts)
- T – Teacher (All Leaders)
- You are done
Method 2 (recommended for leaders)
- Install Remind application on your device and create account (application is free)
- Once installed you can add the classes above through the application or through text application using Method 1.
This method will give leaders the ability to view all ongoing correspondence in the group and send messages as well. Scouts can use this method as well if they desire. If you already use the Remind application, just add the classes above.
Method 4 (Email Option)
This option can be used for those who do not have texting service and prefer the use of email:
- Follow the following link: Remind