This starts or first Announcement update to help Scouts and Parents find new information or changes to events, activities and updated information on our website. We will provide an update through the Announcement section of our website pointing out the important updates.
This first update will be a little bit long as there have been a lot of recent updates. Please note that unfortunately payments for Summer Camp, Northern Tier and Sea Base all align. If this is a problem for any Scout or Adult attending arrangements must be made with Jo or secretary.
- NO Meeting Tomorrow Monday March 13th. Enjoy your spring break.
- Monday March 20th
- PLC Meeting at 6:15
- Troop Meeting at 7:00 – Final planning for Campout
- Backpacking Mountain Biking Campout. (March 24 – 26)
- Please check and make sure that you show up on our list of those attending, numerous changes were made at the last meeting.
- Shooting Sports Campout changed to Buffalo River Cleanup Service Project (April 21 – 23)
- Please check it out and get signed up. Service hours may count towards rank required service project hours or 50 miler award service hours for those that attended Philmont or attending Northern Tier.
- June fishing campout will either be moved to June 9 – 11 or to later in the year as it conflicts with Summer camp. PlC to make decision on March 20th.
Summer Camp (June 25 – July 1)
Summer camp vote is in and we have selected Camp Kia Kima near Hardy, AR. Check out our Summer Camp 2017 page for additional information. First payment for Summer Camp is due March 20th. This payment gets you on the roster and name added for Merit badge and activity registration. If you do not make this payment you may still be able to attend but may miss out on the initial class sign up deadline.
Northern Tier 2017
All scouts attending Northern Tier need to review the updates on our Northern Tier 2017 page to review the Paperwork requirements including passports, RABC permits, Parent Approval Form, Fishing License and Health Forms. We have provided deadlines for getting this information submitted and all paperwork will be reviewed by the Adult Crew leader well in advance of leaving for the trip. Any Scout or Adult that fails to turn in any of the paperwork will not be allowed to attend the trip.
Additionally, the payment information and schedule has been updated. Your next payment is due March 20th. A tentative crew list has been added and we are currently looking for one Scout or Adult that is interested in attending. Please email your Scoutmaster if you are interested in attending.
Sea Base 2018
Currently our two Crews are filled and we have several Scouts and Adults on the waiting list. If you are interested in attending and did not make it on the list please email your Scoutmaster. We are trying to add a third crew if we have enough interest.
Please check out the updated Sea Base 2018 web page with Participant information. If you are signed up your deposit payment is due March 20th. If you do not make your deposit payment by March 20th (or other arrangements) your spot will be filled with someone on the waiting list.