Step 1: Come Visit us.
Visit our Calendar link to check out our scheduled events. Select a time that works for you and your group to visit. While you are welcome to visit any of our meetings that you would like, Court of Honors or special meetings like our Christmas party are not recommended as they will not provide information on typical meetings and activities.
We do not change our specific activities for your visit. We would however, like the Webelos to participate in whatever activities are planned. Please contact Scoutmaster Michael Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org, 417-818-9446) in advance so the troop can have adequate supplies if needed.
Step 2: Visit other groups to find the right fit for you and your group.
We hope that you find Troop 7 fun and exciting and decide to join us, but we understand that each Scout and parent may be looking for something specific. For this reason, we recommend you visit a couple of Troops to find the best fit for your Scouts.
Step 3: Confirm you have met the joining requirements.
- As an AOL Scout you must meet one of the following requirements to join Boy Scouts:
- Be eleven to eighteen years old
- Have graduated from the fifth grade
- Have earned the Arrow of Light Award in Cub Scouts
Step 4: Select the Troop of your Choice.
If you decide that Troop 7 is the best fit for you, please contact Scoutmaster Michael Jones (email@example.com, 417-818-9446) and notify him of your decision.
We would like to obtain the following information at this time:
- Name of Pack you are transferring from
- Number of Scouts
- Names of Scouts
- Date of Webelos Crossover
- Person of Contact for pack or Scout
Step 5: Crossover Ceremony.
We generally attend the Crossover Ceremonies for Scouts that have chosen to join Troop 7. Our Troop will provide each incoming Scout with a new neckerchief, slide and epplets at this event.
Step 6: Attend your first Scout Meeting as a Boy Scout.
Your first meeting as a member of Troop 7 will be the first Monday after your Crossover Ceremony. We invite parents to attend this meeting as well in order to obtain additional information about our Troop and complete necessary paperwork. A formal Parent meeting will be held for alll parents of new Scouts the first or second Monday in March.
Troop 7 / BSA requires the following paperwork from each Scout.
- Fill out Boy Scout Application (this will be a transfer application from Webelos into Boy Scouts). This will be available at the first meeting.
- Complete Health record required to attend any event: Health Record A – B
- Complete Troop 7 Information Sheet.
- Adults wanting to become leaders in the Troop check out the following page for information on becoming a leader in Troop 7: Troop 7 Adult Leader Requirements
- Sign up for Troop correspondence through the REMIND application.
Step 7: Check out additional Troop 7 Resources:
- Adult Leader Resources
- Scout Resources
- Scout Leadership Roles/Expectations
- Advancement Procedures
- Check out the Calendar for upcoming events: Calendar
- Recommended gear for you new Scout: Information coming soon, expected January 1 on Website.